“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” … Steve Jobs
This Week’s Update: Shifting into the Fall, what changes are here to stay
This newsletter marks the formal transition into Fall. It is not the Fall any of us expected, but still one ripe with opportunity for those with the right approach. Hopefully each of you are finding opportunities to innovate and find new ways to succeed in this ever-changing world and even faster-changing industry. A recent Deloitte/ Forbes survey found that almost 75% of all CEOs surveyed indicated that the COVID-19 crisis has created new opportunities for them. A McKinsey Digital report suggests that consumers have accelerated digital adoption 5 years in the first 8 weeks of the COVID pandemic, further highlighting the need for business to change and adapt or risk falling behind.
While this need for change may seem obvious, less obvious is how to successfully change your business to adapt to the new realities. In the world of Data and Identity, we here at Adstra are continuously focused on the how. Meshed with the new demands of privacy and data security, the rapid expansion of digital adoption is putting new strains on how companies can manage and message their interactions with customers. Our 8-part AdstrAct Discussion series is focused on providing some insight into a few of the key challenges companies are facing and what they might want to think about moving forward. If you listened to last week’s discussion, you heard a fair bit around the need for modularity and portability as a key requirement for companies to succeed. In response to this, you will also be hearing more from Adstra as we expand our Connected Audience Platform, the underlying engine that supports our abilities as a Data Bureau. This expansion will include new components to the platform, and new partnerships with organizations that we believe help fill the gaps that marketers and advertisers need to complete the puzzle of success.
Should you look for more help on this topic, please reach out and we would be happy to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adstra in Action:
Our Fall AdstrAct Discussion series is in full swing. We had over 100 folks sign up for each of our first two sessions, and we have 6 more webinars to come. We hope you will continue to join us in person, but if not, the webinar recordings are also available on-line at https://adstradata.com/events-adstract/
Our first discussion covered the future post cookies and MAIDs, and the 2nd did a deeper dive into the new reality of the data and identity market. Both covering what we see as the themes separating the winners from the losers in our market. Our October sessions will take a look at how changes in data and identity are affecting the e-Commerce market and what are the barriers holding back data companies from making the types of transformations we would like to see going forward.
We continue to make our data available for free in the support of non-commercial COVID-19 initiatives and we are here to help as many more as we can. While we were initially focused on advancing the fight against COVID-19, if you are interested in other non-commercial cause related initiatives, please let us know and perhaps we can help.
If interested in Adstra’s offer, email COVID19Response@adstradata.com for more details.
Articles of Interest:
Our insights are again only a small fraction of what is being shared out there. Here are some other interesting articles and opinions we thought to share to both inform and inspire discussion.
- Great article from our good friend Ross Shelleman at Aisle Rocket on the myth of the CDP. You only get out what you put in… no silver bullets.
The CDP Myth: Why Marketing Automation Needs Human Judgment
- Matt Spiegel certainly has it right that our industry needs to take a look at what makes good and what makes bad data.
First- and Third-Party Data Lexicons Complicated The Evolution Of Data. Here’s How We Fix It.
- This Retail Touchpoints Special report does a nice job reviewing how the work at home economy is reshaping our upcoming holiday.
10 Ways 2020 Holiday will be reshaped
- In case you missed it, our own Andy Johnson has some great thoughts around protecting your data as today’s privacy and data security concern fuels the world.
Protecting Customer Data and Identity Is Easier Than You Think
We can all use a little positivity in life. Here are some of the recent highlights from our internal Positivity Press that we wanted to share with everyone:
- As is our new norm, we start the positivity again by heading over to the Good News Network. This week we were caught by H&R Block and Nextdoor’s campaign to help neighborhoods better connect. In our current world of greater isolation, a little neighborhood fun is always appreciated.
Getting to know your Neighbors
- Don McMillan has some fun with the marketing community in his bit on marketing statistics
- Still looking to find ways to escape from the daily routine. Try out some of the AirBnB Online Experiences or in some communities there may even be some Covid safe in person experiences to try out.
Airbnb Online Experiences
- So as we make the turn into fall with winter just around the corner, it’s time to charge up your own spirit of positivity. Check out the following link from Lifehack to grab a few ideas on what you can do for yourself.
Power of Positivity
As always, we are forever striving to provide useful, fun and actionable info that can help us all move forward successfully. Feel free to share feedback and ideas and we can share them with this community. Stay happy and healthy.
If you want to continue to get a copy of our “Ideal Insights” newsletter, please make sure to add this newsletter’s email address to your contacts.
If you think others may be interested in getting a copy of this newsletter, please have them email us at email@example.com we will add them to our list. You can also find copies of this and previous newsletters at Adstra’s website: adstradata.com
If you like what Adstra has to share or want to learn more about what we do, please visit our website at Adstradata.com or follow us on LinkedIn @Adstra, Twitter @Adstradata or Facebook @Adstradata. We welcome you to the new ideal in data.